OAHHS Seeks Communications Manager
The Communications Manager (CM) is a key member of the Association’s communications team who will work closely with the Associate Vice President of Public Affairs and members of the executive team. The CM will work with all departments to streamline messaging and provide a consistent and compelling voice for internal and external communications, synthesizing and adjusting for every audience. The CM will support the design and execution of all communications activities to advance the Association’s larger policy and legislative goals and objectives. Specifically, this important role will be responsible for digital marketing, collateral design and copywriting and editing of association materials. Working at OAHHS gives employees the opportunity to grow in a cutting-edge healthcare environment.Primary Responsibilities
Oversee the process of acquiring, editing and formatting Board and executive-level materials on a consistent basis in relationship with the Associate VP of Public Affairs and Executive VP.
- Execute the vision of proactive campaigns in digital and social media channels to effectively position the Association on the cutting edge of health care information.
- Write and publish content for the Association websites, online social communities, and electronic marketing campaigns. Integrate SEO keywords into copy.
- Build, edit and send all member-wide emails in coordination with appropriate staff. Manage all aspects of the email communication platform.
- Create Association communications (print and digital), working closely with Associate VP of Public Affairs to ensure strategic alignment.
- Design the monthly Hospital View e-newsletter; develop and issue other proactive e-communications for members and stakeholders to advance Association goals and keep members ahead of breaking news stories.
- Maintain and update OAHHS’ various web properties daily including suggesting and implementing new web management approaches.
- Participate in the process of planning special and recurring events, including Board of Trustees meetings and the annual CEO retreat in Sunriver.
- Coordinate with leadership and invited speakers on communications needs including audiovisual support at events.
- Manage member engagement, marketing and emails for events and campaigns.
- Work as part of the Public Affairs team to plan and implement a communications strategy that reflects the Association’s priorities through earned, paid and social media.
- Update an editorial calendar for all forms of recurring communications to align with the Association’s larger strategic objectives.
- Create Association communications (print and digital), working closely with the Associate VP of Public Affairs to ensure strategic alignment.
- Serve as the Association copy editor to edit consistent issue-based talking points, key messages, press releases, advisories, and media briefings; pitch events and narratives; and help manage press clips and background briefing papers for staff, members and affiliates.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in association or non-profit related field.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Interest in healthcare, Legislative process and Oregon politics.
- Creative, intuitive, independent self-starter with strong work ethic and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience working on political campaigns (preferred but not required).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask on tight deadlines.
- Ability to take directions and execute in an effective, timely manner.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at once.
- Event planning, organization and directing skills.
- Experience coordinating and implementing proactive communications strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with writing press releases.
- Technical writing and demonstrated copy editing and copywriting experience a must, preferably AP style.
- Experience integrating SEO keywords into copywriting and copy editing.
- Familiarity with creating and executing on content editorial calendars.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills.
TECHNICAL AND DIGITAL
- Fluid knowledge of digital and social media environment, including social media strategy and publishing on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Paid Facebook strategy, publishing and optimization experience is a plus.
- Experience with web editing and publishing.
- Experience managing and publishing from an email platform.
- Ability to update HTML source code (preferred but not required).
- Lead efforts to ensure branding consistency.
- Manage outside graphic designers.
- Graphic design experience, especially Adobe Creative Suite (preferred but not required).
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computer.
- Able to travel via car and plane.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References and a writing sample may be requested later. OAHHS is an equal opportunity employer.